Welcome

Welcome to my blog. One day I was sitting here thinking wouldn't it be great to have a place where people could post recipes. I know that I am always looking for easy and fun recipes especially for children. Hope this helps more than just me! So, send me recipes and I will post them....the more the better this blog can be....or if you have ideas, let me know (ex:tuna or beef) I will find something and post it.



Monday, March 28, 2011

Orange Glazed Pork

Glaze
3 tablespoons orange marmalade
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup of carrot puree
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of fresh chopped ginger (I did not use this)
2 teaspoons of apple cider or white vinegar
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red peper flakes or ground cayenne

2 lbs por tenderloin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup water

1. Preheat oven to 400.  In a medium saucepan, whisk all ingredients for the glaze until smooth.  Warm the glaze over medium heat until it begins to bubble.  Cook 10 to 15 mins more, until the liquid is reduced by one quarter and the glaze thickens. 

2. Meanwhile, sprinkle the pork loin with salt and pepper.  Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat.  Carefully add the pork and cook 10 mins, turning once until both sides are browned. 

3.  Off the heat, add the glaze.  Turn the pork once to coat in the glaze.  Slide the skillet into the over and back until the glaze starts to brown around the inner edges of the skillet, 15 to 20 mins.  Remove the skillet, add the water, and continue to bake 15 to 20 mins more, until the pork is cooked through and the water has evaporated.  Remove the pork to a cutting board and stir glaze until smooth.  Slice the pork and serve with the glaze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment