Welcome

Welcome to my blog. One day I was sitting here thinking wouldn't it be great to have a place where people could post recipes. I know that I am always looking for easy and fun recipes especially for children. Hope this helps more than just me! So, send me recipes and I will post them....the more the better this blog can be....or if you have ideas, let me know (ex:tuna or beef) I will find something and post it.



Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Polynesian Meatballs

1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple
1 pkg (20 oz) ground turkey, chicken, beef
2 cups Minute brown rice
3/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced and divided
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce divided
1 egg lightly beaten
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tbsps orange marmalade

Preheat oven to 350

Drain 1/2 cup crushed pineapple for meatballs. Reserve remaining pineapple and juice for sauce.

Combine meat, rice, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/2 cup of green onions, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, egg, ginger and nutmeg in large bowl.  Mix well.

Scoop mixture and gently roll into balls.  Place in pan with sides.  Bake for 25-30 mins or until meatballs are done.

While meatballs are cooking, to make sauce, combine remaing pineapple and juice, remaining 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and orange marmalade in medium saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 3-4 mins.  Stir in remaining 1/4 cup of green onions. 

Top cooked meatballs with sauce. Serve over ot cooked rice with additonal green onions and garnish with pineapple chunks if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment