Welcome

Welcome to my blog. One day I was sitting here thinking wouldn't it be great to have a place where people could post recipes. I know that I am always looking for easy and fun recipes especially for children. Hope this helps more than just me! So, send me recipes and I will post them....the more the better this blog can be....or if you have ideas, let me know (ex:tuna or beef) I will find something and post it.



Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Salsa Chicken and Rice

¼ cup all-purpose flour
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
½ tsp. salt
2 T vegetable oil
2 cups cooked long grain rice
1 jar (16 oz) chunky style-salsa
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinse
1/3 cup chopped green onions (about 2 onions)
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375. Place flour in medium bowl. Sprinkle chicken with salt; coat with flour.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook until browned on both sides, 6-8minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
3. Combine cooked rice, salsa, black beans and green onions in a large bowl; mix well. Spoon mixture evenly into a 9-inch square baking dish. Place browned chicken on top of rice mixture; press chicken slightly into mixture, Sprinkle with Cheddar.
4. Bake until instant-read thermometer inserted in center of chicken registers 180 and rice mixture is hot, 30-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment