Welcome

Welcome to my blog. One day I was sitting here thinking wouldn't it be great to have a place where people could post recipes. I know that I am always looking for easy and fun recipes especially for children. Hope this helps more than just me! So, send me recipes and I will post them....the more the better this blog can be....or if you have ideas, let me know (ex:tuna or beef) I will find something and post it.



Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sausage Grits Casserole

4 c. water
1 tsp salt
1 c. quick grits
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1-lb. sausage, browned
1 ½ cup (6 oz) sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided into 1 c. and ½ c.
1 c. milk
¼ c. butter
Shrimp, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 3-quart baking dish; set aside. Bring water and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Slowly stir in grits. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir small amounts of grits mixture into eggs. Return all to saucepan. Add sausage, 1 cup cheese, milk, and butter; blend well. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese. Bake 1 hour or until cheese is golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes.

Note: You may also substitute shrimp for sausage for a shrimp and grits casserole.

1 comment: