Welcome

Welcome to my blog. One day I was sitting here thinking wouldn't it be great to have a place where people could post recipes. I know that I am always looking for easy and fun recipes especially for children. Hope this helps more than just me! So, send me recipes and I will post them....the more the better this blog can be....or if you have ideas, let me know (ex:tuna or beef) I will find something and post it.



Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chicken Piccata Pasta

1 1/4 lbs of bonless chicken
2 tbsp olive oil,divided
1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Pepper
3 cans (14.5 oz each) chicken broth (about 6 cups)
1/2 medium onion
12oz uncooked angel hair pasta
1 lemon
2oz cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz) quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
1/4 cup capers, drained and rinsed
Chopped parsley and grated cheese optional

1. Cut chicken into 1-in pieces.  Combine chicken, 1 tbsp of oil and lemon-pepper in bowl- toss and coat.  Heat remaining oil in skillet over med-high heat 1-3 mins or until shimmering.  Add chicken to skillet; cook and stir 10 mins or until chicken is golden brown and centers are no longer pink.  Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.

2.Pour broth into microwaveable bowl, cover and cook for 8-10 mins or until broth comes to a boil.  Chop onion and add to skillet; cook 10-20 secsonds or until onion is fragrant.  Carefully add broth and pasta to skillet; cook uncovered, 7-8 mins or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.

3. Add lemon juice (2 tbsp) and cream cheese to skillet;  stir until cream cheese is fully incorporated. Add chicken and artichokes to skillet.  Cook, covered for 1-2 mins pr until heated through.  Remove from heat; stir in capers.  Garnish with parsely and parmesan cheese if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment